Thursday, June 11, 2009

Self-Help: Because I'm Helpless...


So today at the gym I was reading one of those fitness magazines when I came across an article that read "Cake, It's Just Not That Into You." Reading on I found that cake is one of the worst choices you can choose when chosing a dessert option because it is sky high in sugar, calories, and carbs but it doesn't fill you up, no no, instead it causes you to become hungry again sooner.

Not only do you get hungry, but you get hungry for sweets so essentially when eating cake you crave more cake...sound familiar? I could carry that over to other areas of my life...

So great, now they tell me. After years of cake being my number one dessert, the only reason I stay at wedding receptions so long, the only reason I attend many birthday parties...and now I learn that it just isn't that into me. Sure I know desserts in general are bad for me, but cake tops my list, so why does that have to be the worst for me?

A few days back I was talking to my friend Kait over dinner when she posed the question, "If you could dedicate your life to one food what would it be?" Naturally, I responded with chocolate, though cake would be tied for first in that food fight. "Yea, but it'll fuck you over," she responded and then I realized that a lot of things I grow to love fuck me over.
So why do I have to pick up a fitness magazine or a self help book and have everyone tell me the things I'm crazy about "just aren't that into me?" I get it, I get it, but to be honest, I'm not gonna give up the cake; it may not be into me, but I'm all about it.

1 comment:

  1. I always knew there was a reason I never liked cake...I'm a cookie man myself. WILL

    ReplyDelete